Chest Pain & Homoeopathic Treatment
Any chest pain can be heart pain or Angina. Discomfort, heaviness, pressure, aching, burning, fullness, squeezing, or painful feeling in chest due to coronary heart disease. Often, it can be mistaken for indigestion. Angina is usually felt in the chest, but may also be felt in the shoulders, arms, neck, throat, jaw, teeth, or back.
1. Hardening of blood vessels known as arteriosclerosis
2. Obesity and/or increased triglycerides and cholesterol.
4. Diabetes Mellitus.
5. Alcohol consumption.
7. Family History.
8. Sedentary life style
9. Lack of exercise
10. Drug abuse, like cocaine,& other addictives etc.
11. Sudden emotional upsets.
1. Pain in the chest which is crushing, constricting, strangling, suffocating, sharp or burning The pain may radiate to both arms or commonly along the left arm to the little finger and the jaw, teeth, neck, throat, epigastric region and between the shoulder blades (back)
2. Pain occurs with exertion, or when doing some activity & subsides on rest
3. Short lasting pain few seconds to minutes.
4. Associated symptoms may or may not be Shortness of breath or suffocative feeling Anxiety Palpitation Nausea.
FEW ADVICES TO AVOID LENDING UP INTO ANGINA
1. Stop smoking
2. Stop Alcohol
3. Don’t overeat or eat rich, heavy meals.
4. Maintain a low fat and low cholesterol diet
5. Decrease tea & coffee intake
6. Do not exert especially immediately after meals.
7. Learn to control your emotions. Take help of yoga, meditation
8. If Diabetic, maintain a sugar-free diet.
9. Control Hypertension.
10. Try to keep your weight normal or lose weight if need be.
11. Regular, gentle exercise such as walking swimming or cycling is safe. But consult your doctor before starting any exercise regimen.
12. Don’t take JUNK FOOD.
13. Avoid coffee, tea, colas, refined floors (maida/ sooji) as they increase blood pressure.
14. Use unsaturated oil for cooking. Preferably change its brand every month.
15. Avoid large amounts of salt, sugar or alcohol.
16. Do not take birth control pills if you have angina.
17. Do not start medication on your own.
CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY, If the pain lasts for more than 10-15 minutes. This may be a heart attack. If attacks become intense, prolonged, frequent If the attack includes a “cold sweat”
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT — Homoeopathy has preventive as well as curative treatment for all types of chest pains may be heart pain. It varies from case to case & individualized treatment is provided after proper case taking. Neither the medicines have any bad effects nor addictive. If the patient with family history of heart attack visits experienced & qualified physician chances of heart attack or any destructive disease are very less; it is sure.